Thursday, January 7, 2010

Spyker C8 Spyder and C12 Zagato pictures





At first I wasn't a fan of the Spyker C8 Spyder and C12 Zagato. When I first saw on at the Festivals of Speed in St Pete, Florida, I thought it was overly busy in it's design. But when I went to the exclusive Jet Port reception and had a chance to sit in the one similar to the one pictured here in blue, I changed my mind and found it uniquely charming and quirky with it's 4 spoked wooden steering wheel and flip switches that were of the quality I had foolishly hoped would be on a Mini Cooper. But apparently you have to spend 6 figures to get nice switches to play with and not some plastic chrome plated junk that won't stand up to man-abuse.

After hearing this thing run in person, I was equally impressed with it's aggressively brutish exhaust note and could only imagine the joy driving it on open roads could bring.
The styling has aeronautical flair to it. Touches like multiple air ports in the rear remind me of WW II fighter plane gun ports.

Plenty of gorgeous leather makes you want to take your shoes off before entering the cockpit.

Like the shiny stuff? They make up in the interior all the chrome you can handle.